Most people know that drinking more water is one of the key things to do to lead a healthier life. And you can start doing it now. It won’t cost you anything (or very little) and you’ll notice changes very quickly.
Personally, I love water and aim to drink about 2-3 litres a day but I understand that for some people drinking water is boring, tasteless and can seem like a chore.
So I came up with some super easy (and tasty) ways to drink more water!
- Invest in a bottle. I carry a stainless steel bottle with me everywhere and fill it up whenever I can. It saves me having to buy plastic bottles and it keeps my water cold. You’re also less likely to be caught out and stuck on the train thirsty. If you have water, you are also more likely to drink it than buy a can of coke, for example.
- Get creative. If you don’t like the taste (or lack) of water, then invest in a bottle where you can add fruit to it. This will not only make it easier for you to drink but you will get added health benefits from the fruit. Try these combinations:
- Strawberries & Basil
- Lemon & Lime
- Mint & Cucumber
3. Sip your water like your wine. There is no point in not drinking all day and then downing 2 litres before bed. For one, you’ll definitely need to get up in the night. But also, the water will run straight through you instead of being absorbed into the bloodstream.
4. Drink a glass as soon as you wake up. I always find if I drink more in the morning I somehow feel more thirsty throughout the day which pushes me to drink more. When you wake up, drink a large glass of water as you are getting ready. Not only will this kick start your day right, it should set you on the right track to drink more throughout the day.
5. Mini goal setting. If you’re really struggling, you can get huge water bottles and mark them so you aim to drink a certain amount by a certain time. This will help you focus and hopefully be less overwhelming than trying to drink a whole glass within a certain time. I used to make sure I drank at least a glass an hour and aimed to finish it on the hour every hour and then refill which got me into a good habit.
Drinking water has so many health benefits! By drinking more you’ll notice your skin is clearer, you’ll feel less bloated and have more energy. It really is the best superfood out there!
Give these a try and let me know if it helps!